There's a reason why the melodies of Great American Songbook have withstood the test of time. Jaimee Paul, along with bandleader and husband, Leif Shires, believe in the strength and beauty of these songs by creating a fresh take on them and making them their own. Ranging from jazz standards of the 30's, stretching to pop standards of the 70's, Jaimee and Leif believe that a show shouldn't be just another concert, but an evening of fun, love and happiness that should be experienced and remembered,"Always And Forever."
"Paul is blessed with a glorious voice (indeed, there’s significant evidence of [Aretha] Franklin's raw majesty), one that deserves to travel under its own powerful steam...-"Jazz Times"
Just a few interesting points about Jaimee Paul's career….
• Nashville recording artist with 7 albums: "Hymns of Prayer" was nominated for a 2013 Dove Award, "At Last" the album that ended 2012 with the #1 female vocalist in the Jazz Downloads category, Melancholy Baby, After The Ball, and a Christmas album as well.
• Fresh off supporting American Idol Alum "Kelly Clarkson" on her North American co-headlining tour with MAROON 5.
• Toured with the Judds, Wynona, and Jim Brickman.
• Picked up by EMI Japan and performed an 8 date tour in Tokyo and Yokohama, Japan, 6 were sold out!
March 3, 2015 - Jaimee Paul, Leif Shires, & The Jaimee Paul Band celebrate with a record release party for the new record "My Favorite Things."
We were absolutely delighted with the Jaimee Paul show, and with our personal interactions with Jaimee, Leif and their entire retinue. They are wonderful people to work with – unfailingly pleasant, professional and flexible. Their stage dressing was spectacular, as were Jaimee’s gowns. The talent on the stage during the performances was just amazing in every way. Both Jaimee and Leif showed a depth of talent far beyond their years and experience. The audience truly loved the performance and gave them a standing ovation at intermission and at the end of the show.
Jaimee’s rendition of “Fever” was a huge hit, as was the wonderful “Hernando’s Hideaway.” The band is also outstanding, and the short set they did after intermission was very well received. The evening were excellent, and we would recommend Jaimee, Leif and their band for any venue, anywhere!
- Jody Duggan - APAG | Aiken, SC